Seeing Anew and Creating Afresh.
August 28, 2023 to May 31, 2024
School-year lessons are weekly, one-hour classes structured on a semester basis.
Students begin with at least 2 semesters of Drawing/Colored Pencils. This medium allows them to gain a solid foundation in critical art skills which can then be transferred to painting. They learn to draw and to gain mastery of color by layering and mixing color and by creating textures through color. In painting class, students continue to develop their drawing and color skills as they learn how the paint moves, blends, and interacts with the surface of the canvas.
These classes are for all skill levels. Our teachers will continue to challenge students as they progress from semester to semester.
These classes are for students ages 8-24 and have a pre-requisite of two semesters of drawing class with Fizer Fine Art. Our teachers will guide students with individual instruction as they work with acrylic paints.
Classes are held weekly and last one hour. Class fees are on a per class basis and are paid for one month at a time on the first of the month in which they are taken. For example, if there are four Mondays in a month, the total due for Monday classes with Sarah would be $88 (or 4 x $22).
Classes with Jason Fizer
- Students ages 6-24
- $29 per class
Classes with Sarah H.
- Students ages 6-18
- $22 per class
Classes with Gloria Ray
- Students ages 6 to 15
- $19 per class
Materials extra. By purchasing materials separately, Fizer Fine Art students have the freedom to take their tools home and practice further.
Registration is required for all classes. There is a $29 non-refundable registration fee for students with Jason. For students with Sarah, the fee is $22, and for students with Gloria, the fee is $19. This fee will also cover your first class.
- Mondays at 2:00, 3:00, 4:00, 5:00
- Tuesdays at 2:00, 3:00, 4:00, 5:00, 6:00
- Thursdays at 2:00, 3:00, 4:00, 5:00, 6:00
- Fridays at 1:00, 2:00, 3:00, 4:00 (make up class at 5:00)
- Mondays at 2:15, 3:15, 4:15, 5:15, 6:15
- Thursdays at 2:15, 3:15, 4:15, 5:15, 6:15
- Fridays at 3:15, 4:15, 5:15 (make up class at 6:15)
- Wednesdays at 2:30, 3:30, 4:30
MATERIALS FOR DRAWING
- Drawing Pencil: HB (any brand name. This is any standard #2 pencil)
- Pencil Sharpener (any brand)
- White Vinyl Eraser (any brand)
- Prismacolor Premier Soft-core Colored Pencils - set of 36
- Strathmore 300 series Bristol Sketch Pad; Vellum surface (14”x17”) 20 sheets; 100 lb paper
- 5 additional colored pencils - we have these available for $10
- Non-Photo Blue; Dark Umber; 20% Cool Gray; 30% Warm Gray; 70% Warm Gray
These materials can be purchased on your own, or you can purchase a set from Fizer Fine Art for $70. Our set also includes a canvas bag large enough to hold everything. These materials will be used for many semesters. When you register online, if you are purchasing materials from us, please select the box “Complete Set of Drawing Supplies” by clicking "view" beside your Weekly Payment Plan. Let us know if you have any difficulty finding this option.
MATERIALS FOR PAINTING
These materials are purchased directly from Fizer Fine Art as they can be hard to find consistently in Roanoke stores. These materials will be used for many semesters. After a full set of painting supplies has been purchased, students will be charged a $10 canvas fee each subsequent semester to cover canvases for the semester. When you register online, if you are a new painter, please select the box “Complete Set of Painting Supplies” by clicking on "view" beside your Weekly Payment Plan. Let us know if you have any difficulty finding this option.